A ‘Drill Tool’ also known as ‘Drilling Machine’ is a kind of power tool primarily used for drilling or making a hole in the workpiece using a ‘Drill Bit.’ The drill bit is attached at the end of a chuck of a tool. The Drilling is a cutting process that uses a drill bit to make a hole of circular cross-section in tough materials. A drill bit has a multi-point tooth at different angles that tear the solid material in a rotary fashion.
The ‘Chuck’ is a holder that holds the drill bit tightly in it & also capable of holding various sizes of drill bits. The chuck rotates at certain RPMs, this forces the cutting edge against the material piece, tearing off chips from the hole as it is drilled deeper & deeper. Sometimes the ‘Driver Bit’ is attached to the chuck for fastening the ‘Fasteners.’
The Drilling machine has the following Parts.
1.On/Off Trigger: This trigger button is for turning On & Off of the machine by releasing it or by pressing it; also, it is used for accelerating the speed of the machine.
2. Forward & Reverse Switch: This switch is used to make to rotate the chuck in forward or reverse way.
3. Chuck: This is attached to the internal motor that rotates accordingly.
4. Torque selection Ring: The torque can be adjusted as per the requirement.
The Features of Drill Tools
1. Forward/Reverse rotation.
2. Soft handles for smooth working.
3. Speed can be accelerated within seconds.
4. Low-weight (only 1.5 Kg).
5. Powerful 550 W with chuck capacity 13 mm drilling in concrete.
The Applications of Drill Tools
1. Screw-driving in metal sheets.
2. Drilling in metal pieces.
3. Impact Drilling in brick walls.
4. Making holes in ceramic tiles.
5. Masonry works & Electrical works.