The 'C-Washer' is a 'C-Shaped' thin metal plate or plastic structure with an opening on one of the sides that is normally used to distribute the load of threaded fasteners. A form-C, the washer has a large diameter & normal thickness designed to be slid in & out of its place on a bolt. It acts as a wear pad, locking device, spacer, spring, load indicating washer, and to cut vibration.
C-washer or generally all washers are used in between a nut and bolt. Almost all the washers have an outer diameter (OD) about twice their inner diameter (ID), but sometimes vice versa. Flat C-Washer's giving stability to bolts or screws by providing a bearing surface, thus preventing the fasteners from loosening when subjected to stress or pressure pulling through the material. They also fill the excess space between the bolt and the nut, thus giving a perfect tightening grip.
The C-Washers is manufactured from a variety of materials. They are.
1. Metal: Iron, bronze, brass, copper, aluminium, Zinc and titanium.
2. Steel: Spring steel, Carbon steel, 316/316A stainless steel, and 304-stainless steel.
3. Nylon: Tecamid MDS, Nylon-6, Nylon-66, Nylatron.
4. Plastic: Thermosetting polymers (polyethylene), PTFE, and thermoplastics.
5. Alloy: Monel, Inconel, silicon bronze.
6. Specialty: Mica, bimetals, Fibers, ceramics, rubber & leather.
The Features are
1. Higher Corrosion resistance.
2. Suitable for all types of nuts & bolts,
3. Provides a smooth surface & tight fastening between the nut & bolt.
4. These washers give stability & prevent vibration of fasteners.
5. Higher tensile properties.
6. Low surface friction.
The Applications are
1. Automotive assemblies.
2. Metal furniture fixings.
3. Industrial Appliances.
4. Electrical connections.
5. Household Appliances.
6. All fastener applications.