A ‘T-Nut’ or ‘Tee-Nut’ is a type of ‘Fastener’ used to fasten wooden materials, workpiece or to join composite materials, leaving a smooth surface. T-nut is also known as ‘Insert nut’ or ‘Rivet nut’ or Blind nut.
This nut has a long, thin circular or square body and flange at one end, resembling a T in structure. The flange structure may vary from nut to nut. Some have a smooth finish, while others have sharp hooks or claws on the prongs that insert into the wood as the bolt is fastened from the opposite side of the piece, thus giving a better confinement.
These nuts have better been fixing than normal screws, where screws fail to hold the wooden material. After installing a nut, a common suitable bolt is used to join matching parts together. In general, T-nuts are more productive than wood screws. They give the firm holding the bolt and material, less likely to cause splits or crack in any type of wood.
The advantage of using T-nut is that parts can be mass-produced, assembled and reassembled for transportation. These nuts withstand movement & vibration as they have sharp prongs that grip material-piece, such as cardboard, thus superior to wood screws, which tend to strip.
The Features Of T Nut are
1. It is Zinc plated so less corrosive.
2. It is designed to fit along a T-slot track on a workbench or machine table.
3. High-quality steel.
4. Available in various sizes and specifications.
The Applications Of T Nut are
1. In setting Office cabinets.
2. In joining wheel in the chairs and casters.
3. Assembling of the wooden beds and chairs.
4. For marine or corrosion resistant applications.
5. It is used in hard and soft woods.
6. In assembling plywood door & windows.